A regular full-time employee may be excused, with the approval of the town manager, without charge to sick leave or vacation leave credits as follows:
- Absence not to exceed three work days in the case of death in the immediate family. Family shall be defined as spouse or child, and both natural and in-law parent, grandparent, grandchild, brother or sister.
- Absences required for jury duty shall be excused with pay provided the employee deposits the money received for jury duty with the town.
- Leave for required annual training as a member of the organized military reserves or national guard shall be granted not to exceed two calendar weeks in a calendar year. Such leave shall be with pay to the extent that the town shall pay the difference in the employee's regular salary and his military compensation for the two-week period of service.
- Leave of absence from the job for purposes of direct job-related training may, with the approval of the town manager, be approved as an authorized absence with pay.
- Such other absences authorized by the town manager shall be considered leaves of absence with pay.
(Ord. of 3-12-91, art. IV, § 7)