Printed herein is the Charter of Town of La Grange being Session Laws 1979, chapter 1151, as adopted by the Legislature, and effective on June 23, 1980. Amendments to the Charter are indicated by parenthetical history notes following amended provisions. The absence of a history note indicates that the provision remains unchanged from the original Charter. The term board of commissioners has been changed to town council throughout the Charter. Obvious misspellings have been corrected without notation. For stylistic purposes, a uniform system of headings, catchlines and citations to state statutes has been used. Additions made for clarity are indicated by brackets.