(a) Nothing in this Code or the ordinance adopting this Code shall be construed to repeal or otherwise affect the validity of any of the following:
- Any ordinance promising or guaranteeing the payment of money of the town, or authorizing the issuance of any bonds of the town, or any evidence of the town's indebtedness.
- Any ordinance providing for public improvements and assessments therefor.
- Any zoning ordinance or any ordinance regulating or otherwise relating to the subdivision of land.
- Any appropriation ordinance or ordinance providing for an annual budget or for the transfer of funds and any ordinance levying or imposing taxes.
- Any ordinance annexing territory to the town or discontinuing territory as a part of the town.
- Any ordinance granting any franchise, permit or other right.
- Any ordinance approving, authorizing or otherwise relating to any contract or agreement.
- Any ordinance setting utility rates or fees.
- Any ordinance setting salaries for town officials or employees.
- Any personnel ordinance.
All such ordinances are hereby recognized as continuing in full force and effect to the same extent as if set out at length in this Code.
(b) Nothing in this Code or the ordinance adopting this Code shall affect any offense or act committed or done, or any penalty or forfeiture incurred, or any contract or right established or accruing, before the effective date of this Code.