(a) Every person desiring to obtain a license for the privilege of engaging in a business within this town shall make application therefor in writing to the tax collector. The application, to be made on a form provided by the tax collector, shall contain the following information:
- The name and nature of the business for which the license is sought.
- The address where the business is conducted, and a mailing address for the business, if different.
- The name and address of the person filling out the application, and his relationship to the business.
- The gross receipts of the business for the most recently completed tax year, if applicable.
- Any other information which the tax collector determines to be necessary.
(b) Any person who willfully makes a false statement on a license application shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, shall be punished in accordance with section 1-6.
(Code 1981, § 2-4015)