The Finance Department is responsible for:
- Management of the Town funds
- Daily accounting activities
- Collections related to charges for services in the form of our monthly utility bills or other services rendered by the Town
- Sale of Cemetery plots in the municipal cemetery
The hours for the department are Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. These extended hours are to provide an opportunity for our citizens to come by after work to conduct business with the Town.
The Finance Department is comprised of three employees:
- Finance Director - Leslie Garriss Craft
- Town Clerk/Finance Specialist/Cemetery - Laura McCallister
- Finance Specialist/Billing Clerk/Accounts Payable - Emilie Philyaw
- Collections Clerk - Laura Blackwell
In addition to duties within the Finance Department, the Town Clerk is responsible for taking and preparing the minutes of the Council and maintaining the Town’s records.